Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First (sic) Post

I like the idea of an information literacy toolbox. And of patting myself on the back. The next thing I have to learn is how to make 2's and 3's appear in smaller case to create 'squared' and 'cubed' things. I'm thinking particularly about Lifelong Learner as L cubed...and then there's our group - C squared.

Of the 23 things I'm looking forward to just about everything but especially Flickr and the online image generator.

Of the 7 1/2 habits because of my background I couldn't help but wonder if Stephen Covey's lawyers had been heard from at any point, especially when at the end of the second podcast Helene Blowers slips up and refers to them as the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Lifelong Learners...

But the habits themselve, like those of their originator, seem worthwhile...

5 comments:

Akearns said...

Great point and comments! :-) Thanks, Walt, and good job commenting on classmates' posts... I'm looking forward to your blogging...

Whit W said...

Is it possible to blog and have a life simultaneously? or does one b'live instead, always connected, always commenting...

oops, I almost forgot: not 24/7...sleep, sleep, sleep, walk dog, sleep...

John I said...

Whit. You have a great sense of humor. Witty:-) I like pats on the back, but nothing is better than getting a back scratching. I agree with you on the 24/7 b'live comment. Not only do I have 3 (cubed)emails to check, now there is the blog, ecompanion, myrutgers, sakai, and soon to come our own websites. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Flickr looks like an amazing site! I'm new to blogging, but it certainly seems possible to lose track of time while doing it. Fortunately I have a three year old son who reminds me of real life if I'm on the computer for too long!

Terri said...

I had the same thought about the "original" author as I was reading through the 7 1/2 habits! Our society can be so litigious, i bet if they haven't heard from him, it's only because he hasn't' heard of them!