Thursday, September 24, 2009

flickr, flickr, flickr, sputter, sputter

Well as some of you will soon see if you haven't already I've flicker'd my heart out and don't really know what I have to show for it...

On the one hand learning about these programs and possibilities is fascinating; on the other there's life in meat space (my favorite term for all non-cyber areas coined as the internet emerged and then, for all intents and purposes, lost in the shuffle to more appealing terms) with its never ceasing demands.

but we carry on nonetheless...in or out of smilebox, flickering weakly until we sputter out completely, leaving a series of 1's and 0's for posterity

Happy Thought # 49,290

6 comments:

Akearns said...

Interesting. Are you saying you are finding "real life" more valuable than "online life"?

Whit W said...

moi? heavens no (know). there's nothing better for the soul than 7 or 8 hours locked into a glowing screen...surfing endlessly...

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I'm not sure that some of these things will maintain a place in my life after this class, but Flickr is definitely a keeper. Having bought my first digital camera last year, I have been taking photos nonstop. They are currently taking up a lot of space on my hard drive. Also, 17 people were in our group on our trip to Alaska last summer. We have been trying in vain to get everyone's photo in one place for all to see. I think I might finally have an answer.

Kt said...

I wish I could bring her! In fact, she is still in Oregon living with my sister for now, I need to find a place to live that will let me have her.

John I said...

Whit Uma is a cutie. I read your comment about my RSS feed comment. LOL it was pretty confusing :-) That is the next section cryptology blogging. See you tonight.