Thursday, October 8, 2009

All Play and No Work or The Dog Ate My Homework, part 34,m

Dull, dull, dull. 'Playing' with various 2.0 items while putting together a power 'with no' point presentation has plum wored me out!

Sure I tried to use rollyo - even created an account and, I think, a public browser (called Woll On), but the browser said there were too many connections so I'll have to re-rollyo, at some point.

Tried to do some image generating @ BigHugeLabs - even created an account there - but couldn't pull any of my iPhoto images - or at least not yet.

Visited LetterJames and left almost immediately.

Downloaded open source application Audacity to try to use with my power 'outage' point presentation - or rather a different presentation I would have created if I could have figured out how the program works but as I didn't have the idea until yesterday afternoon on the way to toe surgery (you don't want to know) and I had to spend the evening at my youngest son's school's general membership meeting (you really don't want to know), it was all I could do to get the thing installed properly (totally not complicated) along with it's great plug-in called Lame Mp3 converter (or words to that effect), load the audio file, see it in the program but then be unable to do anything with it (EVEN LISTEN TO IT!!!!)...

And just when I had just figured out how I was going to explain to my wife that I spent $300 on Pro Tools, the premiere audio editing program - but now with Audacity - assuming I can get it to work (not a great leap) - I can spend that $300 on something else...maybe a digital recorder...

So I'll have to 'play' more later - assuming the internet still exists and I can get to it.

But I did spend about 28 hours on the powerpoint presentation. Boy, that felt like time well spent!

Other play plans: more, more, and more open source stuff.

look out world...especially Redmond, Washington...

1 comment:

Akearns said...

Whit, you crack me up! I just don't even know what else to even say right now! :-)