Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PAYGO (Post As You GO!), #1

this just in from the front lines of assignments due (but don't look for no stinking Access here) - what I'm doing right now, this very minute (or at some point over the last 600 minutes, or so):

finally got the image manipulating thing goin' on - look to your right, my left

got the Library Thang goin' on - again, look to your right, my left

did everything I thought I needed to do (as mentioned below) @ rollyo and created (I thought) a thing (sic) called 'woll on' but every time I try to get back into rollyo my browser (f'fox) just loads and loads and loads and my mind wanders to greener pastures...

I am now officially delicious (or at least in some very select - and limited - circles) and I think I get it. Please don't ask me to explain, however. But I will post more after I used it for more than, what's it been, 15 - 20 minutes?

I do want to point out here that the Learning 2.0 site could stand for a Learning 3.0 or more update: many of the links go either nowhere or to 'pages not found' at the intended destination...I'd be happy to suggest replacement destinations. Delicious destinations, at that.

And that happened again in the Technorati section.

But now I've created a Technorati identity/account that they tell me it (I) will be activated after I click on a link they've sent me in an email.

but there's no email....

still (10 SECONDS LATER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH) no email....

STILL (20 SECONDS LATER NO...) never mind - just got the email.

And I'm in - I'm a Technorati (isn't the singular form Technoratus?) but no sign of Learning 2.0's 'claim your blog' area...maybe someone in class tomorrow can (gently) tell me what I did wrong...

Found 66,047 references to Learning 2.0 in their Blog Posts, 0 references in their Blog directory (out of 825,402) and, now don't get upset, L. 2.0, there was no listing for you among the 'popular tags' used over the last month - the only 'Tag' listing I could find...

Library 2.0? Aren't we talking about at least 3.0? but more on that tomorrow. For now, Sleep - Beta

3 comments:

Akearns said...

Whit I appreciate your dedication and commitment to working through the Learning 2.0 activities... it is a little outdated in some places and I think there are some Learning 2.1 type sites now... I still think it is valuable as it is in its original site but perhaps, yes, could use some updating. Thanks for sharing your experiences on your blog.

Whit W said...

Don't misunderstand: I think Learning 2.0 is, as it stands, highly valuable - even it's gaps are themselves educations in the transience of the web. It was just an observation...

Akearns said...

Not a problem, Whit, thanks for the clarification though. You are correct in the whole thing being an education no matter what, and whatever your reaction/experiences are fine. :) Thanks!