Thursday, October 29, 2009

Learning 2.0, part 455, d

Well, I started @ Omnidrive because I've always wanted another back up for my stuff in addition to the external hard drive I use. And the link from Learning 2.0's short list of award winners dated 5/9/8 is http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/omnidrive_officially_cooked.php which is an article about the demise of Omnidrive. And it's dated 5/2/08. Hmmmm.

So I figured that was just some weird hacked situation and I went to the Omnidrive site to get info.

There I found this notice:

Omnidrive is no longer available, we recommend Nomadesk

So I went to #2 in the Learning 2.0 survey (why take a failed company's recommendation?) and that link took me to the actual provider - Fluxiom @ www.fluxiom .com. But their prices seem quite steep: €89 per month for 40 GB!!! Maybe I'll never have a system crash instead. That sounds more in line with my budget.

I'll report back on how that goes...

No comments: